- Formula: C3H6O3
- Molecular weight: 90.0779
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: JVTAAEKCZFNVCJ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 598-82-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Species with the same structure:
- Other names: Lactic acid
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: John E. Bartmess
By formula: C3H5O3- + H+ = C3H6O3
|rH°||1413. ± 9.2||kJ/mol||G+TS||Caldwell, Renneboog, et al., 1989||gas phase; May have large entropy correction from cyclization; see HOCH2CO2-|
|rG°||1383. ± 8.4||kJ/mol||IMRE||Caldwell, Renneboog, et al., 1989||gas phase; May have large entropy correction from cyclization; see HOCH2CO2-|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Caldwell, Renneboog, et al., 1989
Caldwell, G.; Renneboog, R.; Kebarle, P., Gas Phase Acidities of Aliphatic Carboxylic Acids, Based on Measurements of Proton Transfer Equilibria, Can. J. Chem., 1989, 67, 4, 661, https://doi.org/10.1139/v89-092 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rG° Free energy of reaction at standard conditions rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.