- Formula: C6H12
- Molecular weight: 84.1595
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LIKMAJRDDDTEIG-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 592-41-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Hexene-1; 1-n-Hexene; 1-C6H12; Butylethylene; Hexene; Hex-1-ene; UN 2370; Hexylene; Neodene 6 XHP; NSC 74121; Dialene 6
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.)
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|-72.7 ± 1.2||Chyd||Molnar, Rachford, et al., 1984||DRB|
|-75.4 ± 1.4||Chyd||Molnar, Rachford, et al., 1984||DRB|
|-72.3 ± 1.2||Eqk||Wiberg and Wasserman, 1981||Trifluoroacetolysis; ALS|
|-72.0 ± 0.8||Chyd||Rogers, Dagdagan, et al., 1979||DRB|
|-75.4 ± 1.0||Chyd||Rogers, Papadimetriou, et al., 1975||DRB|
|-72.1 ± 1.2||Chyd||Rogers and Skanupong, 1974||DRB|
|-73.6 ± 1.5||Chyd||Bretschneider and Rogers, 1970||DRB|
|-72.1 ± 1.0||Chyd||Skinner and Snelson, 1959||DRB|
|-72.7 ± 2.1||Chyd||Flitcroft, Skinner, et al., 1957||DRB|
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), Notes
Molnar, Rachford, et al., 1984
Molnar, A.; Rachford, R.; Smith, G.V.; Liu, R., Heats of hydrogenation by a simple and rapid flow calorimetric method, Appl. Catal., 1984, 9, 219-223. [all data]
Wiberg and Wasserman, 1981
Wiberg, K.B.; Wasserman, D.J., Enthalpies of hydration of alkenes. 1. The n-hexenes, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1981, 103, 6563-6566. [all data]
Rogers, Dagdagan, et al., 1979
Rogers, D.W.; Dagdagan, O.A.; Allinger, N.L., Heats of hydrogenation and formation of linear alkynes and a molecular mechanics interpretation, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1979, 101, 671-676. [all data]
Rogers, Papadimetriou, et al., 1975
Rogers, D.W.; Papadimetriou, P.M.; Siddiqui, N.A., An improved hydrogen microcalorimeter for use with large molecules, Mikrochim. Acta, 1975, 2, 389-400. [all data]
Rogers and Skanupong, 1974
Rogers, D.W.; Skanupong, S., Heats of hydrogenation of sixteen terminal monoolefins. The alternating effect, J. Phys. Chem., 1974, 78, 2569-2572. [all data]
Bretschneider and Rogers, 1970
Bretschneider, E.; Rogers, D.W., A new microcalorimeter: heats of hydrogenation of four monoolefins, Mikrochim. Acta, 1970, 482-490. [all data]
Skinner and Snelson, 1959
Skinner, H.A.; Snelson, A., Heats of hydrogenation Part 3., Trans. Faraday Soc., 1959, 55, 405-407. [all data]
Flitcroft, Skinner, et al., 1957
Flitcroft, T.; Skinner, H.A.; Whiting, M.C., Heats of hydrogenation Part 1.-Dodeca-3:9 and -5:7 Diynes, Trans. Faraday Soc., 1957, 53, 784-790. [all data]
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°liquid Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.