- Formula: C7H9N
- Molecular weight: 107.1531
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: XWKFPIODWVPXLX-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 589-93-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: 2,5-Lutidine; 2,5-Dimethylpyridine; 5-methyl-2-methylpyridine
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
|fH°gas||66.4||kJ/mol||N/A||Cox and Gundry, 1958||Value computed using «DELTA»fHliquid° value of 18.6 kj/mol from Cox and Gundry, 1958 and «DELTA»vapH° value of 47.82 kj/mol from missing citation.|
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|fH°liquid||18.6||kJ/mol||Ccb||Cox and Gundry, 1958||see Cox, Challoner, et al., 1954; ALS|
|cH°liquid||-4059.4||kJ/mol||Ccb||Cox and Gundry, 1958||see Cox, Challoner, et al., 1954; ALS|
|S°liquid||248.81||J/mol*K||N/A||Steele, Chirico, et al., 1986||DH|
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|184.70||298.15||Steele, Chirico, et al., 1986||T = 10 to 450 K.; DH|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Cox and Gundry, 1958
Cox, J.D.; Gundry, H.A., Heats of combustion. Part II. The six lutidines, J. Chem. Soc., 1958, 1019-1022. [all data]
Cox, Challoner, et al., 1954
Cox, J.D.; Challoner, A.R.; Meetham, A.R., The heats of combustion of pyridine and certain of its derivatives, J. Chem. Soc., 1954, 265-271. [all data]
Steele, Chirico, et al., 1986
Steele, W.V.; Chirico, R.D.; Collier, W.B.; Hossenlopp, I.A.; Nguyen, A.; Strube, M.M., Thermochemical and thermophysical properties of organic nitrogen compounds found in fossil materials, NIPER Report, 1986, 188, 112p. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid S°liquid Entropy of liquid at standard conditions cH°liquid Enthalpy of combustion of liquid at standard conditions fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions fH°liquid Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.