- Formula: C7H9N
- Molecular weight: 107.1531
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: XWKFPIODWVPXLX-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 589-93-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: 2,5-Lutidine; 2,5-Dimethylpyridine; 5-methyl-2-methylpyridine
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data evaluated as indicated in comments:
HL - Edward P. Hunter and Sharon G. Lias
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
LLK - Sharon G. Lias, Rhoda D. Levin, and Sherif A. Kafafi
View reactions leading to C7H9N+ (ion structure unspecified)
|Proton affinity (review)||958.8||kJ/mol||N/A||Hunter and Lias, 1998||HL|
|Gas basicity||926.9||kJ/mol||N/A||Hunter and Lias, 1998||HL|
Ionization energy determinations
|8.80 ± 0.05||PE||Heilbronner, Hornung, et al., 1972||Vertical value; LLK|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Hunter and Lias, 1998
Hunter, E.P.; Lias, S.G., Evaluated Gas Phase Basicities and Proton Affinities of Molecules: An Update, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 1998, 27, 3, 413-656, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.556018 . [all data]
Heilbronner, Hornung, et al., 1972
Heilbronner, E.; Hornung, V.; Pinkerton, F.H.; Thames, S.F., 31. Photoelectron spectra of azabenzenes and azanaphthalenes: III. The orbital sequence in methyl- and trimethylsilyl- substituted pyridines, Helv. Chim. Acta, 1972, 55, 289. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.