- Formula: C8H16O
- Molecular weight: 128.2120
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: YWXLSHOWXZUMSR-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 589-63-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Butyl propyl ketone; n-C4H9COCH2CH2CH3; Propyl n-butyl ketone; octan-4-one
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal alkane RI, polar column, custom temperature program
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Active phase||CP-Wax 52CB||Carbowax 20M|
|Column length (m)||50.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.32|
|Phase thickness (m)||1.2|
|Program||40C(10min) => 3C/min => 190C => 10C/min => 250C(5min)||not specified|
|Reference||Muresan, Eillebrecht, et al., 2000||Ramsey and Flanagan, 1982|
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, polar column, custom temperature program, Notes
Muresan, Eillebrecht, et al., 2000
Muresan, S.; Eillebrecht, M.A.J.L.; de Rijk, T.C.; de Jonge, H.G.; Leguijt, T.; Nijhuis, H.H., Aroma profile development of intermediate chocolate products. I. Volatile constituents of block-milk, Food Chem., 2000, 68, 2, 167-174, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(99)00171-5 . [all data]
Ramsey and Flanagan, 1982
Ramsey, J.D.; Flanagan, R.J., Detection and Identification of Volatile Organic Compounds in Blood by Headspace Gas Chromatography as an Aid to the Diagnosis of Solvent Abuse, J. Chromatogr., 1982, 240, 2, 423-444, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(00)99622-5 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, polar column, custom temperature program, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.