- Formula: C7H14O
- Molecular weight: 114.1855
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: NDVWOBYBJYUSMF-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 583-59-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 1-Methyl-2-cyclohexanol; 2-Methyl-1-cyclohexanol; 2-Methylcyclohexanol; o-Methylcyclohexanol; Cyclohexanol, o-methyl-; NSC 75845; 2-Methylcyclohexyl alcohol; 2-methylcyclohexanol, mixed isomers
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|cH°liquid||-4380.2||kJ/mol||Ccb||Zubova, 1901||Corresponding «DELTA»fHºliquid = -375. kJ/mol (simple calculation by NIST; no Washburn corrections); ALS|
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|267.44||298.15||Caceres-Alonso, Costas, et al., 1988||Mixed isomers. Cp(trans isomer) = 262.98; (cis isomer) = 268.95 J/mol*K.; DH|
|199.6||290.||Herz and Bloch, 1924||DH|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Zubova, P., Data about heat of combustion of compound cycle structure, Zh. Fiz. Khim., 1901, 33, 708-722. [all data]
Caceres-Alonso, Costas, et al., 1988
Caceres-Alonso, M.; Costas, M.; Andreoli-Ball, L.; Patterson, D., Steric effects on the self-association of branched and cyclic alcohols in inert solvents. Apparent heat capacities of secondary and tertiary alcohols in hydrocarbons, Can. J. Chem., 1988, 66, 989-998. [all data]
Herz and Bloch, 1924
Herz, W.; Bloch, W., Physikalisch-chemische Untersuchungen an Verbindungen der Cyklohexanreihe, Z. Phys. Chem., 1924, 110, 23-39. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid cH°liquid Enthalpy of combustion of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.