NOTICE: Due to scheduled maintenance at our Gaithersburg campus, this site will not be available from 5:00 pm EDT (21:00 UTC) on Friday October 25 until 5:00 pm (21:00 UTC) on Sunday October 27. We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may cause.
- Formula: C12H12
- Molecular weight: 156.2237
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: QNLZIZAQLLYXTC-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 573-98-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 1,2-Dimethylnaphthalene
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
|Tboil||539.7||K||N/A||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
|Tboil||541.7||K||N/A||Kruber and Oberkobusch, 1951||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
|Tboil||498.||K||N/A||Reppe, Schlichting, et al., 1948||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 30. K; TRC|
|Tboil||539.||K||N/A||Bailey, Bryant, et al., 1947||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 6. K; TRC|
|Tfus||270.15||K||N/A||Luther and Riechel, 1950||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.7 K; TRC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Kruber and Oberkobusch, 1951
Kruber, O.; Oberkobusch, R., Chem. Ber., 1951, 84, 826. [all data]
Reppe, Schlichting, et al., 1948
Reppe, W.; Schlichting, O.; Meister, H., Cyclizing Polymeriztion of Acetylene II. The Hydrocarbons C10H10 and Azulene, Justus Liebigs Ann. Chem., 1948, 560, 93. [all data]
Bailey, Bryant, et al., 1947
Bailey; Bryant; Hancock; Morrell; Smith, J.O., The ten dimethylnaphthalenes, their physical properties, molecular compounds, and ultra-violet spectra, J. Inst. Pet., 1947, 33, 503. [all data]
Luther and Riechel, 1950
Luther, H.; Riechel, C., The Raman Spectra of Polymethylnphthalenes, Z. Phys. Chem. (Leipzig), 1950, 195, 103. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point Tfus Fusion (melting) point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.