- Formula: C7H12
- Molecular weight: 96.1702
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LLVRMRMMZQPDAK-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 5685-47-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Methane, dicyclopropyl-; Dicyclopropylmethane; (Cyclopropylmethyl)cyclopropane; (2,3-methylene)propyl-cyclopropane; 1,1'-methylenebiscyclopropane
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Kovats' RI, non-polar column, isothermal
View large format table.
|Column type||Active phase||Temperature (C)||I||Reference||Comment|
|Capillary||Squalane||100.||736.||Mitra, Mohan, et al., 1974||H2; Column length: 50. m; Column diameter: 0.2 mm|
|Capillary||Squalane||80.||732.0||Schomburg and Dielmann, 1973||Column length: 100. m; Column diameter: 0.25 mm|
|Packed||Squalane||27.||725.||Hively and Hinton, 1968||He, Chromosorb P; Column length: 15. m; Column diameter: 0.25 mm|
|Packed||Squalane||49.||729.||Hively and Hinton, 1968||He, Chromosorb P; Column length: 15. m; Column diameter: 0.25 mm|
|Packed||Squalane||67.||731.||Hively and Hinton, 1968||He, Chromosorb P; Column length: 15. m; Column diameter: 0.25 mm|
|Packed||Squalane||86.||734.||Hively and Hinton, 1968||He, Chromosorb P; Column length: 15. m; Column diameter: 0.25 mm|
Go To: Top, Gas Chromatography, Notes
Mitra, Mohan, et al., 1974
Mitra, G.D.; Mohan, G.; Sinha, A., Gas chromatographic analysis of complex hydrocarbon mixtures, J. Chromatogr. A, 1974, 91, 633-648, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(01)97944-0 . [all data]
Schomburg and Dielmann, 1973
Schomburg, G.; Dielmann, G., Use of retention increments for identification and correlation of saturated and unsaturated cyclopropane hydrocarbons by means of Kovats indices, Anal. Chem., 1973, 45, 9, 1647-1658, https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60331a021 . [all data]
Hively and Hinton, 1968
Hively, R.A.; Hinton, R.E., Variation of the retention index with temperature on squalane substrates, J. Gas Chromatogr., 1968, 6, 4, 203-217, https://doi.org/10.1093/chromsci/6.4.203 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas Chromatography, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.