- Formula: C45H86O6
- Molecular weight: 723.1607
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: DUXYWXYOBMKGIN-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 555-45-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Tetradecanoic acid, 1,2,3-propanetriyl ester; Myristin, tri-; Glycerol trimyristate; Glyceryl trimyristate; Myristic acid triglyceride; Myristin; VP 114; Dynasan 114; 2,3-Bis(tetradecanoyloxy)propyl myristate; Glyceryl tritetradecanoate; Myristic triglyceride; NSC 4062; Tetradecanoic acid, 1,1',1''-(1,2,3-propanetriyl) ester
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|S°liquid||1246.0||J/mol*K||N/A||Charbonnet and Singleton, 1947||For c,«beta». Extrapolation below 90 K, 381.2 J/mol*K.; DH|
|cH°solid||-27643.7 ± 1.8||kJ/mol||Ccb||Freedman, Bagby, et al., 1989||Corresponding «DELTA»fHºsolid = -2355.0 kJ/mol (simple calculation by NIST; no Washburn corrections); ALS|
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|1481.||333.||Phillips and Mattamal, 1976||T = 333 to 433 K.; DH|
|1555.2||331.5||Charbonnet and Singleton, 1947||T = 89 to 365 K. Value is unsmoothed experimental datum. Data for c,«alpha», 192 to 247 K.; DH|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Charbonnet and Singleton, 1947
Charbonnet, G.H.; Singleton, W.S., Thermal properties of fats and oils. VI. Heat capacity, heats of fusion and transition, and entropy of trilaurin, trimyristin, tripalmitin, and tristearin, J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 1947, 24, 140-142. [all data]
Freedman, Bagby, et al., 1989
Freedman, B.; Bagby, M.O.; Khoury, H., Correlation of heats of combustion with empirical formulas for fatty alcohols, J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 1989, 66, 595-596. [all data]
Phillips and Mattamal, 1976
Phillips, J.C.; Mattamal, M.M., Correlation of liquid heat capacities for carboxylic esters, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1976, 21, 228-232. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid S°liquid Entropy of liquid at standard conditions cH°solid Enthalpy of combustion of solid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.