- Formula: C3H7NO2
- Molecular weight: 89.0932
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: SKRDXYBATCVEMS-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 541-42-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tboil||318.||K||N/A||Frinton Laboratories Inc., 1986||BS|
|Tboil||313.1||K||N/A||Kornblum, Smiley, et al., 1955||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.3 K; TRC|
|Tboil||313.3||K||N/A||Lecat, 1947||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
|vapH°||31.||kJ/mol||E||Batt, Christie, et al., 1974||ALS|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|26.0||260.||A||Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987||Based on data from 253. - 268. K. See also Thompson and Dainton, 1937.; AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Frinton Laboratories Inc., 1986
Frinton Laboratories Inc., Catalog Number 11, Frinton Laboratories Inc., Vineland, NJ, 1986, 99. [all data]
Kornblum, Smiley, et al., 1955
Kornblum, N.; Smiley, R.A.; Ungnade, H.E.; White, A.M.; Taub, B., The reaction of silver nitrite with secondary and tertiary alkyl halides, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1955, 77, 5528-33. [all data]
Lecat, M., Orthobaric Azeotropes of Sulfides, Bull. Cl. Sci., Acad. R. Belg., 1947, 33, 160-82. [all data]
Batt, Christie, et al., 1974
Batt, L.; Christie, K.; Milne, R.T.; Summers, A.J., Heats of formation of C1-C4 alkyl nitrites (RONO) and their RO-NO bond dissociation energies, Int. J. Chem. Kinet., 1974, 6, 877-886. [all data]
Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987
Stephenson, Richard M.; Malanowski, Stanislaw, Handbook of the Thermodynamics of Organic Compounds, 1987, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-009-3173-2 . [all data]
Thompson and Dainton, 1937
Thompson, H.W.; Dainton, F.S., The photochemistry of alkyl nitrites. III, Trans. Faraday Soc., 1937, 33, 1546, https://doi.org/10.1039/tf9373301546 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point vapH Enthalpy of vaporization vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.