Pentanoic acid, ethyl ester
- Formula: C7H14O2
- Molecular weight: 130.1849
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ICMAFTSLXCXHRK-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 539-82-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Valeric acid, ethyl ester; Ethyl n-valerate; Ethyl pentanoate; Ethyl valerate; n-Valeric acid ethyl ester
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, custom temperature program
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)||30.||30.||30.||30.||30.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.25||0.32||0.32||0.32||0.32|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.25||0.25||1.||1.||0.25|
|Program||35C(8min) => 4C/min => 60C => 6C/min => 160C => 20C/min => 200C(1min)||35C(2min) => 40C/min => 60C(2min) => 6C/min => 180C => 20C/min => 230C(10min)||40C(2min) => 5C/min => 100C => 4C/min => 230C (10min)||40C(2min) => 5C/min => 100C => 4C/min => 230C (10min)||40C(2min) => 40C/min => 60C (2min) => 6C/min => 180C => 10C/min => 240C (5min)|
|Reference||Bianchi, Careri, et al., 2007||Fritsch and Schieberle, 2005||Wang, Finn, et al., 2005||Wang, Finn, et al., 2005||Munk, Munch, et al., 2000|
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, custom temperature program, Notes
Bianchi, Careri, et al., 2007
Bianchi, F.; Careri, M.; Mangia, A.; Musci, M., Retention indices in the analysis of food aroma volatile compounds in temperature-programmed gas chromatography: Database creation and evaluation of precision and robustness, J. Sep. Sci., 2007, 39, 4, 563-572, https://doi.org/10.1002/jssc.200600393 . [all data]
Fritsch and Schieberle, 2005
Fritsch, H.T.; Schieberle, P., Identification based on quantitative measurements and aroma recombination of the character impact odorants in a Bavarian Pilsner-type beer, J. Agric. Food Chem., 2005, 53, 19, 7544-7551, https://doi.org/10.1021/jf051167k . [all data]
Wang, Finn, et al., 2005
Wang, Y.; Finn, C.; Qian, M.C., Impact of Growing Environment on Chickasaw Blackberry ( Rubus L.) Aroma Evaluated by Gas Chromatography Olfactometry Dilution Analysis, J. Agric. Food Chem., 2005, 53, 9, 3563-3571, https://doi.org/10.1021/jf048102m . [all data]
Munk, Munch, et al., 2000
Munk, S.; Munch, P.; Stahnke, L.; Adler-Nissen., J.; Schieberle, P., Primary odorants of laundry soiled with sweat/sebum: influence of lipase on the odor profile, Journal of Surfactants and Detergents, 2000, 3, 4, 505-515, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11743-000-0150-z . [all data]
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, custom temperature program, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.