Chloroacetic acid, propyl ester
- Formula: C5H9ClO2
- Molecular weight: 136.577
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: QJZNRCWAXUGABH-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 5396-24-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Propyl chloroacetate; Acetic acid, chloro-, propyl ester
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°liquid||-516. ± 2.||kJ/mol||Ccr||Bjellerup and Smith, 1954||At 293 K|
|cH°liquid||-2762. ± 2.||kJ/mol||Ccr||Bjellerup and Smith, 1954||At 293 K|
|cH°liquid||-2761.9 ± 8.4||kJ/mol||Ccr||Smith, Bjellerup, et al., 1953||Reanalyzed by Cox and Pilcher, 1970, Original value = -2754.7 ± 1.1 kJ/mol|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Bjellerup and Smith, 1954
Bjellerup, L.; Smith, L., Heats of combustion of some organic chloro-compounds, Kgl. Fysiograph. Sallskap. Lund Forh., 1954, 24, 1-13. [all data]
Smith, Bjellerup, et al., 1953
Smith, L.; Bjellerup, L.; Krook, S.; Westermark, H., Heats of combustion of organic chloro compounds determined by the "quartz wool" method, Acta Chem. Scand., 1953, 7, 65. [all data]
Cox and Pilcher, 1970
Cox, J.D.; Pilcher, G., Thermochemistry of Organic and Organometallic Compounds, Academic Press, New York, 1970, 1-636. [all data]
Schjanberg, E., Die Verbrennungswarmen und die Refraktionsdaten einiger chlorsubstituierter Fettsauren und Ester., Z. Phys. Chem. Abt. A, 1935, 172, 197-233. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
cH°liquid Enthalpy of combustion of liquid at standard conditions fH°liquid Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.