- Formula: C8H10O
- Molecular weight: 122.1644
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: QWBBPBRQALCEIZ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 526-75-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: 2,3-Xylenol; o-Xylenol; 1-Hydroxy-2,3-dimethylbenzene; 2,3-Dimethylphenol; 1,2-Dimethyl-3-hydroxybenzene; NSC 62011
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
GT - Glushko Thermocenter, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow
|fH°gas||-157.3 ± 1.1||kJ/mol||Ccb||Andon, Biddiscombe, et al., 1960||ALS|
Constant pressure heat capacity of gas
|Cp,gas (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|40.08||50.||Kudchadker S.A., 1979||GT|
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°solid||-241.3 ± 1.1||kJ/mol||Ccb||Andon, Biddiscombe, et al., 1960|
|cH°solid||-4336.00 ± 0.92||kJ/mol||Ccb||Andon, Biddiscombe, et al., 1960||Corresponding «DELTA»fHºsolid = -241.2 kJ/mol (simple calculation by NIST; no Washburn corrections)|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Andon, Biddiscombe, et al., 1960
Andon, R.J.L.; Biddiscombe, D.P.; Cox, J.D.; Handley, R.; Harrop, D.; Herington, E.F.G.; Martin, J.F., Thermodynamic properties of organic oxygen compounds. Part I. Preparation and physical properties of pure phenol, cresols, and xylenols, J. Chem. Soc., 1960, 5246-5254. [all data]
Kudchadker S.A., 1979
Kudchadker S.A., Property data available for coal chemicals, Hydrocarbon Process., 1979, 58, 169-171. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,gas Constant pressure heat capacity of gas cH°solid Enthalpy of combustion of solid at standard conditions fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions fH°solid Enthalpy of formation of solid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.