- Formula: CH2O
- Molecular weight: 30.0260
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: WSFSSNUMVMOOMR-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 50-00-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Methanal; BFV; Fannoform; Formaldehyde, gas; Formalin; Formalith; Formic aldehyde; Formol; Fyde; Lysoform; Methyl aldehyde; Methylene oxide; Morbicid; Oxomethane; Oxymethylene; Paraform; Superlysoform; Karsan; Methaldehyde; Aldehyde formique; Aldeide formica; Formaldehyd; Formalin-loesungen; Formalina; Formaline; NCI-C02799; Oplossingen; Aldehyd mravenci; Formalin 40; Rcra waste number U122; UN 1198; UN 2209; H2CO; Durine; Hercules 37M6-8; CH2O; NSC 298885; Fordor
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Coblentz Society, Inc.
- GAS (HEATING PARAFORMALDEHYDE; CONCENTRATION UNKNOWN); PERKIN-ELMER 297; DIGITIZED BY NIST FROM HARD COPY (FROM TWO SEGMENTS); 4 cm-1 resolution
- SOLUTION (UNKNOWN CONCENTRATION IN CCl4) VS. CCl4; PERKIN-ELMER 297; DIGITIZED BY NIST FROM HARD COPY (FROM TWO SEGMENTS); 4 cm-1 resolution
Go To: Top, IR Spectrum, Notes
No reference data available.
Go To: Top, IR Spectrum, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.