- Formula: C10H12O2
- Molecular weight: 164.2011
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: KEQHJBNSCLWCAE-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 490-91-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 2,5-Cyclohexadiene-1,4-dione, 2-methyl-5-(1-methylethyl)-; p-Mentha-3,6-diene-2,5-dione; p-Cymene-2,5-dione; Thymoquinon; 2-Isopropyl-5-methylbenzoquinone; 2,5-Cyclohexadiene-1,4-dione, 5-isopropyl-2-methyl-; 2-Isopropyl-5-methyl-1,4-benzoquinone; 2-Methyl-5-isopropyl-1,4-benzoquinone; 2-Methyl-5-isopropyl-p-benzoquinone; 5-Isopropyl-2-methyl-1,4-benzoquinone; 5-Isopropyl-2-methyl-p-benzoquinone; 2-Methyl-5-(1-methylethyl)-2,5-cyclohexadiene-1,4-dione; 2-Isopropyl-5-methyl-p-benzoquinone; NSC 2228; thymolquinone
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: John E. Bartmess
Electron affinity determinations
|1.756 ± 0.061||TDEq||Heinis, Chowdhury, et al., 1988||«DELTA»Gea(423 K) = -39.9 kcal/mol; «DELTA»Sea = -3.3 eu|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Heinis, Chowdhury, et al., 1988
Heinis, T.; Chowdhury, S.; Scott, S.L.; Kebarle, P., Electron Affinities of Benzo-, Naphtho-, and Anthraquinones Determined from Gas-Phase Equilibria Measurements, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1988, 110, 2, 400, https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00210a015 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
EA Electron affinity
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.