Hexanoic acid, octyl ester
- Formula: C14H28O2
- Molecular weight: 228.3709
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: CMNMHJVRZHGAAK-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 4887-30-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: n-Octyl hexanoate; Octyl hexanoate; Octyl caproate
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
|Tboil||548.4||K||N/A||Bilterys and Gisseleire, 1935||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1.5 K|
|Tboil||548.4||K||N/A||Gartenmeister, 1886||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K|
|Tboil||543.||K||N/A||Zincke, 1869||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 4. K|
|Tfus||245.1||K||N/A||Bilterys and Gisseleire, 1935||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1. K|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Bilterys and Gisseleire, 1935
Bilterys, R.; Gisseleire, J., Investigations on the Congelation Temperature of Organic Compounds, Bull. Soc. Chim. Belg., 1935, 44, 567. [all data]
Gartenmeister, R., Investigation of the physical characterstics of liquid compounds: vi boiling point and specific volume of normal fatty acid esters, Justus Liebigs Ann. Chem., 1886, 233, 249-315. [all data]
Zincke, T., Justus Liebigs Ann. Chem., 1869, 152, 1. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point Tfus Fusion (melting) point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.