- Formula: C11H20
- Molecular weight: 152.2765
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GREARFRXIFVLGB-HBNTYKKESA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 4683-94-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: trans-2-Methyldecalin; trans-2-Methyl-decahydronaphthalene
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Gas Chromatography, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|cH°liquid||-6922. ± 2.||kJ/mol||Ccb||Kozina, Skuratov, et al., 1961||Corresponding «DELTA»fHºliquid = -265. kJ/mol (simple calculation by NIST; no Washburn corrections)|
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Gas Chromatography, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Sharon G. Lias, Rhoda D. Levin, and Sherif A. Kafafi
Ionization energy determinations
|9.31 ± 0.006||EI||Zaikin, Musaev, et al., 1978|
Appearance energy determinations
|Ion||AE (eV)||Other Products||Method||Reference||Comment|
|C10H17+||10.33 ± 0.009||CH3||EI||Zaikin, Musaev, et al., 1978|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Gas phase ion energetics data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Kovats' RI, non-polar column, isothermal
View large format table.
|Column type||Active phase||Temperature (C)||I||Reference||Comment|
|Packed||OV-101||120.||1144.||Litvinenko, Isakova, et al., 1988||He, Chromaton W AW; Column length: 2.4 m|
Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, temperature ramp
View large format table.
|Column type||Active phase||I||Reference||Comment|
|Capillary||HP-5 MS||1109.||Zhao, Zeng, et al., 2009||30. m/0.25 mm/0.25 «mu»m, Helium, 4. K/min; Tstart: 50. C; Tend: 280. C|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Gas phase ion energetics data, Gas Chromatography, Notes
Kozina, Skuratov, et al., 1961
Kozina, M.P.; Skuratov, S.M.; Shtekher, S.M.; Sosnina, I.E.; Turova-Polyak, M.B., Heats of combustion of some bicyclanes, Russ. J. Phys. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 1961, 35, 1144-1146. [all data]
Zaikin, Musaev, et al., 1978
Zaikin, V.G.; Musaev, I.A.; Kurashova, E.K., Ionization and appearance potentials in organic chemistry, Org. Mass Spectrom., 1978, 13, 685. [all data]
Litvinenko, Isakova, et al., 1988
Litvinenko, G.S.; Isakova, L.A.; Rubanyk, N.N., Quantitative correlation between structure of stereoisomeric saturated cyclic compounds and gas-chromatographic retention indices. I. Methysubstituted, Izv. AN Kaz. SSR, Ser. Khim., 1988, 5, 54-66. [all data]
Zhao, Zeng, et al., 2009
Zhao, C.; Zeng, Y.; Wan, M.; Li, R.; Liang, Y.; Li, C.; Zeng, Z.; Chau, F.-T., Comparative analysis of essential oils from eight herbal medicines with pungent flavor and cool nature by GC-MS and chemometric resolution methods, J. Sep. Sci., 2009, 32, 4, 660-670, https://doi.org/10.1002/jssc.200800484 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Gas phase ion energetics data, Gas Chromatography, References
- Symbols used in this document:
AE Appearance energy cH°liquid Enthalpy of combustion of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.