- Formula: COS
- Molecular weight: 60.075
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: JJWKPURADFRFRB-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 463-58-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Carbon oxide sulfide; Carbon oxysulfide; COS; Oxycarbon sulfide; UN 2204; Carbon oxide sulphide; carbonyl sulphide
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Henry's Law data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Rolf Sander
Henry's Law constant (water solution)
kH(T) = k°H exp(d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) ((1/T) - 1/(298.15 K)))
k°H = Henry's law constant for solubility in water at 298.15 K (mol/kg*bar)
d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) = Temperature dependence constant (K)
|k°H (mol/kg*bar)||d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|0.019||Q||N/A||missing citation give several references for the Henry's law constants but don't assign them to specific species.|
|0.015||3600.||X||N/A||Value given here as quoted by missing citation. Solubility in sea water.|
|0.022||X||N/A||As quoted by missing citation. Value at T = 293. K.|
|0.021||3300.||X||N/A||Value given here as quoted by missing citation.|
|0.021||3300.||X||N/A||As quoted by missing citation.|
|0.033||X||N/A||As quoted by missing citation. Value at T = 286.5 K.|
|0.015||4400.||X||N/A||As quoted by missing citation.|
Go To: Top, Henry's Law data, Notes
No reference data available.
Go To: Top, Henry's Law data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) Temperature dependence parameter for Henry's Law constant k°H Henry's Law constant at 298.15K
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.