- Formula: C9H19F
- Molecular weight: 146.2456
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ITPAUTYYXIENLO-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 463-18-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: n-Nonyl fluoride; Nonane, 1-fluoro-
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tboil||440.7||K||N/A||Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990||BS|
|vapH°||50.84 ± 0.88||kJ/mol||V||Schaffer, Verevkin, et al., 1997||ALS|
|vapH°||50.8 ± 0.9||kJ/mol||GS||Steele, Chirico, et al., 1994||Based on data from 278. - 313. K.; AC|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|46.8||348.||A,EST||Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987||Based on data from 333. - 473. K. See also Li and Rossini, 1961, Dykyj and Vanko, 1970, and Dykyj, Svoboda, et al., 1999.; AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., Catalog Handbook of Fine Chemicals, Aldrich Chemical Company, Inc., Milwaukee WI, 1990, 1. [all data]
Schaffer, Verevkin, et al., 1997
Schaffer, F.; Verevkin, S.P.; Rieger, H.J.; Beckhaus, H.D.; Ruchardt, C., Enthalpies of formation of a series of fluorinated hydrocarbons and strain-free group increments to assess polar and anomeric stabilization and strain, Liebigs Ann., 1997, 1333-1344. [all data]
Steele, Chirico, et al., 1994
Steele, W.V.; Chirico, R.D.; Nguyen, A.; Knipmeyer, S.E., The thermodynamic properties of 2-methylaniline and trans-(r,S)-decahydroquinoline, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1994, 26, 515-544. [all data]
Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987
Stephenson, Richard M.; Malanowski, Stanislaw, Handbook of the Thermodynamics of Organic Compounds, 1987, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-009-3173-2 . [all data]
Li and Rossini, 1961
Li, J.C.M.; Rossini, F.D., Vapor Pressures and Boiling Points of the l-Fluoroalkanes, l-Chloroalkanes, l-Bromoalkanes, and l-Iodoalkanes, C 1 to C 20 ., J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1961, 6, 2, 268-270, https://doi.org/10.1021/je60010a025 . [all data]
Dykyj and Vanko, 1970
Dykyj, J.; Vanko, A., Petrochemica, 1970, 10, 1, 3. [all data]
Dykyj, Svoboda, et al., 1999
Dykyj, J.; Svoboda, J.; Wilhoit, R.C.; Frenkel, M.L.; Hall, K.R., Vapor Pressure of Chemicals: Part A. Vapor Pressure and Antoine Constants for Hydrocarbons and Sulfur, Selenium, Tellurium and Hydrogen Containing Organic Compounds, Springer, Berlin, 1999, 373. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point vapH Enthalpy of vaporization vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.