- Formula: C8H16O
- Molecular weight: 128.2120
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: OHEFFKYYKJVVOX-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 4630-06-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Species with the same structure:
- Other names: 6-Methyl-5-hepten-2-ol; 6-methylhept-5-en-2-ol; 2-Methyl-2-hepten-6-ol; (.+/-.)-6-Methyl-5-hepten-2-ol; Sulcatol; NSC 66273; Methylheptenol; DL-6-Methyl-5-hepten-2-ol; 6-Methylhept-5-en-2-ol (Sulcatol)
- Information on this page:
Phase change data
Go To: Top, IR Spectrum, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
Reduced pressure boiling point
|Tboil (K)||Pressure (atm)||Reference||Comment|
|351. - 353.||0.020||Frinton Laboratories Inc., 1986||BS|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kcal/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|14.||329.||A||Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987||Based on data from 314. - 448. K. See also Stull, 1947.; AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Gas Phase Spectrum
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
Notice: Concentration information is not available for this spectrum and, therefore, molar absorptivity values cannot be derived.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
Collection (C) 2018 copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce
on behalf of the United States of America. All rights reserved.
|Origin||EPA-IR VAPOR PHASE LIBRARY|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, IR Spectrum, Notes
Frinton Laboratories Inc., 1986
Frinton Laboratories Inc., Catalog Number 11, Frinton Laboratories Inc., Vineland, NJ, 1986, 99. [all data]
Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987
Stephenson, Richard M.; Malanowski, Stanislaw, Handbook of the Thermodynamics of Organic Compounds, 1987, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-009-3173-2 . [all data]
Stull, Daniel R., Vapor Pressure of Pure Substances. Organic and Inorganic Compounds, Ind. Eng. Chem., 1947, 39, 4, 517-540, https://doi.org/10.1021/ie50448a022 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, IR Spectrum, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point vapH Enthalpy of vaporization
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.