Octanoic acid, 6,8-dimercapto-
- Formula: C8H16O2S2
- Molecular weight: 208.341
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: IZFHEQBZOYJLPK-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 462-20-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Dihydrolipoic acid
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
+ = 2 +
By formula: C8H16O2S2 + I2 = 2HI + C8H14O2S2
|rH°||-109.6||kJ/mol||Cm||Sunner, 1955||liquid phase; solvent: Ethanol/water(90/10)|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Sunner, S., Strain in 6,8-thioctic acid, Nature (London), 1955, 176, 217. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.