- Formula: C4H2
- Molecular weight: 50.0587
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LLCSWKVOHICRDD-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 460-12-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Butadiyne; Biacetylene; Biethynyl; Diacetylene; HC«equiv»CC«equiv»CH; buta-1,3-diyne
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: John E. Bartmess
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
C4H- + =
By formula: C4H- + H+ = C4H2
|rH°||1507. ± 13.||kJ/mol||D-EA||Pino, Tulej, et al., 2002||gas phase|
|rH°||1508. ± 12.||kJ/mol||Endo||Shi and Ervin, 2000||gas phase|
|rG°||1473. ± 14.||kJ/mol||H-TS||Pino, Tulej, et al., 2002||gas phase|
|rG°||1474. ± 13.||kJ/mol||H-TS||Shi and Ervin, 2000||gas phase|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Pino, Tulej, et al., 2002
Pino, T.; Tulej, M.; Guthe, F.; Pachkov, M.; Maier, J.P., Photodetachment spectroscopy of the C2nH- (n=2-4) anions in the vicinity of their electron detachment threshold, J. Chem. Phys., 2002, 116, 14, 6126-6131, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1451248 . [all data]
Shi and Ervin, 2000
Shi, Y.; Ervin, K.M., Gas-phase acidity and C-H bond energy of diacetylene, Chem. Phys. Lett., 2000, 318, 1-3, 149-154, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-2614(00)00023-3 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rG° Free energy of reaction at standard conditions rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.