- Formula: C7F8
- Molecular weight: 236.0621
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: USPWUOFNOTUBAD-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 434-64-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Toluene, octafluoro-; (Trifluoromethyl)pentafluorobenzene; Octafluorotoluene; Perfluorotoluene; Pentafluoro(trifluoro-methyl)benzene
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Ion clustering data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
B - John E. Bartmess
M - Michael M. Meot-Ner (Mautner) and Sharon G. Lias
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. Searches may be limited to ion clustering reactions. A general reaction search form is also available.
+ = ( )
By formula: F- + C7F8 = (F- C7F8)
|rH°||141. ± 8.4||kJ/mol||IMRE||Dillow and Kebarle, 1988||gas phase; Anchored to C6F6..F- in Hiraoka, Mizuse, et al., 1987; B,M|
|rS°||84.1||J/mol*K||N/A||Dillow and Kebarle, 1988||gas phase; switching reaction,Thermochemical ladder(C6F6), Entropy change calculated or estimated; Hiraoka, Mizuse, et al., 1987; M|
|rG°||105. ± 8.4||kJ/mol||IMRE||Dillow and Kebarle, 1988||gas phase; Anchored to C6F6..F- in Hiraoka, Mizuse, et al., 1987; B|
Free energy of reaction
|rG° (kJ/mol)||T (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|105.||423.||PHPMS||Dillow and Kebarle, 1988||gas phase; switching reaction,Thermochemical ladder(C6F6), Entropy change calculated or estimated; Hiraoka, Mizuse, et al., 1987; M|
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, Notes
Dillow and Kebarle, 1988
Dillow, G.W.; Kebarle, P., Fluoride Affinities of Perfluorobenzenes C6F5X. Meisenheimer Complexes in the Gas Phase and Solution, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1988, 110, 15, 4877, https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00223a001 . [all data]
Hiraoka, Mizuse, et al., 1987
Hiraoka, K.; Mizuse, S.; Yamabe, S., A Determination of the Stability and Structure of F-(C6H6) and F-(C6F6) Clusters, J. Chem. Phys., 1987, 86, 7, 4102, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.451920 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
T Temperature rG° Free energy of reaction at standard conditions rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions rS° Entropy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.