- Formula: C2H3F3
- Molecular weight: 84.0404
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: UJPMYEOUBPIPHQ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 420-46-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Methylfluoroform; 1,1,1-Trifluoroethane; CH3CF3; Freon 143a; FC 143a; Fluorocarbon FC143a; R 143a; 1,1,1-Trifluoroform
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°gas||-748.7 ± 3.2||kJ/mol||Eqk||Wu and Rodgers, 1974||Reanalyzed by Kolesov and Papina, 1983, Original value = -746. ± 2. kJ/mol; Heat of formation Unpublished results by B.J. Zwolinski|
|fH°gas||-749. ± 2.||kJ/mol||Ccb||Kolesov, Martynov, et al., 1965||Corrected for CODATA value of «DELTA»fH; Authors hf298_gas[kcal/mol]=-174.1±0.4|
|cH°gas||-1008. ± 2.||kJ/mol||Ccb||Kolesov, Martynov, et al., 1965||Corrected for CODATA value of «DELTA»fH; Authors hf298_gas[kcal/mol]=-174.1±0.4|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Wu and Rodgers, 1974
Wu, E.; Rodgers, A.S., Thermochemistry of gas-phase equilibrium CF3CH3 + I2 = CF3CH2I + HI. The carbon-hydrogen bond dissociation energy in 1,1,1-trifluoroethane and the heat of formation of the 2,2,2-trifluoroethyl radical, J. Phys. Chem., 1974, 78, 2315-2317. [all data]
Kolesov and Papina, 1983
Kolesov, V.P.; Papina, T.S., Thermochemistry of Haloethanes, Russ. Chem. Rev., 1983, 52, 425. [all data]
Kolesov, Martynov, et al., 1965
Kolesov, V.P.; Martynov, A.M.; Skuratov, S.M., Standard enthalpy of formation of 1,1,1-trifluoroethane, Russ. J. Phys. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 1965, 39, 223-225. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
cH°gas Enthalpy of combustion of gas at standard conditions fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.