- Formula: C7H16O
- Molecular weight: 116.2013
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: HMSVXZJWPVIVIV-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 3970-62-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 2,2-Dimethyl-3-pentanol; 2,2-dimethylpentan-3-ol
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Kovats' RI, non-polar column, isothermal
View large format table.
|Column type||Active phase||Temperature (C)||I||Reference||Comment|
|Packed||SE-30||100.||814.||Pías and Gascó, 1975||Ar, Chromosorb W AW DMCS HP (80-100 mesh); Column length: 1. m|
|Packed||SE-30||120.||815.||Pías and Gascó, 1975||Ar, Chromosorb W AW DMCS HP (80-100 mesh); Column length: 1. m|
|Packed||SE-30||140.||817.||Pías and Gascó, 1975||Ar, Chromosorb W AW DMCS HP (80-100 mesh); Column length: 1. m|
Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program
View large format table.
|Column type||Active phase||I||Reference||Comment|
|Capillary||Methyl Silicone||814.||Chen and Feng, 2007||Program: not specified|
|Capillary||Methyl Silicone||814.||Kou, Zhang, et al., 2006||Program: not specified|
|Capillary||Methyl Silicone||814.||Fu and Wang, 2004||Program: not specified|
|Capillary||Polydimethyl siloxane||806.||Junkes, Castanho, et al., 2003||Program: not specified|
Go To: Top, Gas Chromatography, Notes
Pías and Gascó, 1975
Pías, J.B.; Gascó, L., GC Retention Data of Alcohols and Benzoyl Derivatives of Alcohols, J. Chromatogr. - Chrom. Data, 1975, d14-d16. [all data]
Chen and Feng, 2007
Chen, Y.; Feng, C., QSPR study on gas chromatography retention index of some organic pollutants, Comput. Appl. Chem. (China), 2007, 24, 10, 1404-1408. [all data]
Kou, Zhang, et al., 2006
Kou, J.; Zhang, S.; Hu, Y.; Qiao, H.; Li, J., Stidy on the relationships between structures and gas chromatographic retention indices of alcohols, Comput. Appl. Chem. (Chinese), 2006, 23, 7, 651-654. [all data]
Fu and Wang, 2004
Fu, S.-P.; Wang, Y.-Q., Estimation and prediction of gas chromatographic retention indices of alcohols by molecular electronegativity-distance vector, J. Chongqing Univ., 2004, 27, 6, 106-109. [all data]
Junkes, Castanho, et al., 2003
Junkes, B.S.; Castanho, R.D.M.; Amboni, C.; Yunes, R.A.; Heinzen, V.E.F., Semiempirical Topological Index: A Novel Molecular Descriptor for Quantitative Structure-Retention Relationship Studies, Internet Electronic Journal of Molecular Design, 2003, 2, 1, 33-49. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas Chromatography, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.