- Formula: C6F6
- Molecular weight: 186.0546
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ZQBFAOFFOQMSGJ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 392-56-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: CP 28; Hexafluorobenzene; Perfluorobenzene; 1,2,3,4,5,6-Hexafluorobenzene
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°gas||-956.0 ± 1.2||kJ/mol||Ccr||Cox, Gundry, et al., 1969||ALS|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Stewart, J.J.P., Comparison of the accuracy of semiempirical and some DFT methods for predicting heats of formation, J. Mol. Model, 2004, 10, 1, 6-10, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00894-003-0157-6 . [all data]
Cox, Gundry, et al., 1969
Cox, J.D.; Gundry, H.A.; Harrop, D.; Head, A.J., Thermodynamic properties of fluorine compounds. 9. Enthalpies of formation of some compounds containing the pentafluorophenyl group, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1969, 1, 77-87. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.