- Formula: C2HF5O
- Molecular weight: 136.0208
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ACYQYBAHTSKBLM-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 3822-68-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Ion clustering data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
B - John E. Bartmess
M - Michael M. Meot-Ner (Mautner) and Sharon G. Lias
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. Searches may be limited to ion clustering reactions. A general reaction search form is also available.
CN- + = (CN- )
By formula: CN- + C2HF5O = (CN- C2HF5O)
|rH°||78. ± 15.||kJ/mol||IMRE||Larson and McMahon, 1987||gas phase; B,M|
|rS°||104.||J/mol*K||N/A||Larson and McMahon, 1987||gas phase; switching reaction,Thermochemical ladder(CN-)H2O, Entropy change calculated or estimated; Payzant, Yamdagni, et al., 1971; M|
|rG°||47.3 ± 9.6||kJ/mol||IMRE||Larson and McMahon, 1987||gas phase; B,M|
+ = ( )
By formula: Cl- + C2HF5O = (Cl- C2HF5O)
|rH°||73.2 ± 1.7||kJ/mol||TDAs||Bogdanov, Lee, et al., 2001||gas phase; B|
|rG°||47.3 ± 4.2||kJ/mol||TDAs||Bogdanov, Lee, et al., 2001||gas phase; B|
|rG°||50.6 ± 8.4||kJ/mol||IMRE||Larson and McMahon, 1984||gas phase; B,M|
+ = ( )
By formula: F- + C2HF5O = (F- C2HF5O)
|rG°||113. ± 8.4||kJ/mol||IMRE||Larson and McMahon, 1984||gas phase; B,M|
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, Notes
Larson and McMahon, 1987
Larson, J.W.; McMahon, T.B., Hydrogen bonding in gas phase anions. The energetics of interaction between cyanide ion and bronsted acids, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1987, 109, 6230. [all data]
Payzant, Yamdagni, et al., 1971
Payzant, J.D.; Yamdagni, R.; Kebarle, P., Hydration of CN-, NO2-, NO3-, and HO- in the gas phase, Can. J. Chem., 1971, 49, 3308. [all data]
Bogdanov, Lee, et al., 2001
Bogdanov, B.; Lee, H.J.S.; McMahon, T.B., Influence of fluorine substitution on the structures and thermochemistry of chloride ion-ether complexes in the gas phase, Int. J. Mass Spectrom., 2001, 210, 387-402, https://doi.org/10.1016/S1387-3806(01)00404-3 . [all data]
Larson and McMahon, 1984
Larson, J.W.; McMahon, T.B., Fluoride and chloride affinities of main group oxides, fluorides, oxofluorides, and alkyls. Quantitative scales of lewis acidities from ion cyclotron resonance halide-exchange equilibria, J. Phys. Chem., 1984, 88, 1083. [all data]
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rG° Free energy of reaction at standard conditions rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions rS° Entropy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.