Pentafluoropropanoic acid methyl ester
- Formula: C4H3F5O2
- Molecular weight: 178.0574
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: JMKJCPUVEMZGEC-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 378-75-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Methyl pentafluoropropionate; Methyl pentafluoropropanoate; Propanoic acid, pentafluoro-, methyl ester; Propionic acid, pentafluoro-, methyl ester; Methylester kyseliny pentafluorpropionove; Pentafluoropropionic acid methyl ester; Perfluoropropionic acid, methyl ester; 2,2,3,3,3-Pentafluoro-propionic acid methyl ester
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°liquid||-1463.0 ± 1.8||kJ/mol||Ccr||Slavutskaya, Kolesov, et al., 1974||Reanalyzed by Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986, Original value = -1447.0 ± 1.8 kJ/mol|
|cH°liquid||-1434.6 ± 1.7||kJ/mol||Ccr||Slavutskaya, Kolesov, et al., 1974|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Slavutskaya, Kolesov, et al., 1974
Slavutskaya, G.M.; Kolesov, V.P.; Borisov, S.B., Standard enthalpies of formation of 1,1,1-trifluoropropyl ether and methyl pentafluoropropionate, Russ. J. Phys. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 1974, 48, 456-457. [all data]
Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986
Pedley, J.B.; Naylor, R.D.; Kirby, S.P., Thermochemical Data of Organic Compounds, Chapman and Hall, New York, 1986, 1-792. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
cH°liquid Enthalpy of combustion of liquid at standard conditions fH°liquid Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.