- Formula: C4H6O2
- Molecular weight: 86.0892
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LDHQCZJRKDOVOX-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 3724-65-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 2-Butenoic acid; «alpha»-Butenoic acid; 3-Methylacrylic acid; CH3CH=CHCOOH; «alpha»-Crotonic acid; «beta»-Methylacrylic acid; Acrylic acid, 3-methyl-; Kyselina krotonova; UN 2823; But-2-enoic acid; NSC 206946; 2-Butenoic acid, isomer # 2
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
|Tfus||239.4||K||N/A||Anonymous, 1955||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.6 K; TRC|
|Tfus||345.||K||N/A||Timmermans, 1935||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1.5 K; TRC|
|Tfus||341.||K||N/A||Bruner, 1894||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.2 K; TRC|
|subH°||72.2 ± 0.4||kJ/mol||C||Van-chin-syan, Kochubei, et al., 1996||ALS|
|subH°||72.2||kJ/mol||N/A||Van-chin-syan, Kochubei, et al., 1996||DRB|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Anonymous, R., , Am. Pet. Inst. Res. Proj. 45, Tech. Rep. 14, No. 1, Ohio State Univ., 1955. [all data]
Timmermans, J., Researches in Stoichiometry. I. The Heat of Fusion of Organic Compounds., Bull. Soc. Chim. Belg., 1935, 44, 17-40. [all data]
Bruner, L., The heats of fusion of some organic compounds, Ber. Dtsch. Chem. Ges., 1894, 27, 2102. [all data]
Van-chin-syan, Kochubei, et al., 1996
Van-chin-syan, Yu.Ya.; Kochubei, V.V.; Sergeev, V.V.; Raevskii, Yu.A.; Gerasimchuk, S.I.; Kotovich, Kh.Z., Thermodynamic properties of some acids and aldehydes of the acrylic series, Sov. J. Chem. Phys. (Engl. Transl.), 1996, 70, 1789-1794, In original 1932. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tfus Fusion (melting) point subH° Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.