- Formula: C6H4F2
- Molecular weight: 114.0928
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: UEMGWPRHOOEKTA-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 372-18-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Benzene, m-difluoro-; m-Difluorobenzene; 1,3-Difluorobenzene; meta-Difluorobenzene
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|fH°liquid||-343.9 ± 1.0||kJ/mol||Ccr||Good, Lacina, et al., 1962||Corrected for CODATA value of «DELTA»fH; ALS|
|cH°liquid||-2946.7 ± 0.71||kJ/mol||Ccr||Good, Lacina, et al., 1962||Corrected for CODATA value of «DELTA»fH; ALS|
|S°liquid||223.84||J/mol*K||N/A||Messerly and Finke, 1970||DH|
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|159.11||298.15||Messerly and Finke, 1970||T = 11 to 355 K.; DH|
|157.5||298.15||Good, Lacina, et al., 1962||DH|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Good, Lacina, et al., 1962
Good, W.D.; Lacina, J.L.; Scott, D.W.; McCullough, J.P., Combustion calorimetry of organic fluorine compounds. The heats of combustion and formation of the difluorobenzenes, 4-fluorotoluene and m-trifluorotoluic acid, J. Phys. Chem., 1962, 66, 1529-1532. [all data]
Messerly and Finke, 1970
Messerly, J.F.; Finke, H.L., Hexafluorobenzene and 1,3-difluorobenzene. Low-temperature calorimetric studies and chemical thermodynamic properties, J. Chem. Thermodynam., 1970, 2, 867-880. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid S°liquid Entropy of liquid at standard conditions cH°liquid Enthalpy of combustion of liquid at standard conditions fH°liquid Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.