- Formula: C16H34O
- Molecular weight: 242.4406
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: BXWNKGSJHAJOGX-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 36653-82-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: n-Cetyl alcohol; n-Hexadecan-1-ol; n-Hexadecanol; n-1-Hexadecanol; Adol 52; Adol 52 NF; Adol 54; Aldol 54; Alfol 16; Atalco C; Cachalot C-51; Cachalot C-52; Cetaffine; Cetal; Cetalol CA; Cetanol; Cetylic alcohol; Cetylol; Crodacol C; Crodacol-CAS; Crodacol-CAT; Elfacos C; Ethal; Ethol; Hexadecanol; Hexadecyl alcohol; Hyfatol 16; Lanol C; Lorol 24; Loxanol K; Loxanol K extra; Loxanwachs SK; Palmityl alcohol; Product 308; Siponol wax-A; Siponol CC; 1-Hexadecyl alcohol; Alcohol c-16; Hexadecan-1-ol; n-Hexadecyl alcohol; 1-Hydroxyhexadecane; Adol 520; Cachalot C-50; CO-1670; CO-1695; Dytol F-11; Cachalot C-50 NF; Cetyl alcohol NF; Crodacol C70; Crodacol C95 NF; Epal 16NF; Fancol CA; Lanette 16; Lipocol C; Lorol C16; LorolL 24; Philcohol 1600; Rita CA; Cetyl alcohol; 1-Hexanedecanol; 1-Cetanol; Epal 16; Hyfatol 16-95; Laurex 16; Alfol 16RD; Kalcol 6098; Palmitic alcohol; 19141-82-3; SSD; SSD RP; 8023-37-8; 124-29-8; 8032-16-4; 8032-89-1; 8032-17-5; SSD (Salt/Mix); SSD RP (Salt/Mix)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Coblentz Society, Inc.
- SOLID (0.89% IN KBr DISC) $$ PURITY - 99% (APPLIED SCIENCE LABORATORY, INC.); PERKIN-ELMER 421 (GRATING); DIGITIZED BY NIST FROM HARD COPY (FROM TWO SEGMENTS); 4 cm-1 resolution
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Go To: Top, IR Spectrum, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
No reference data available.
Go To: Top, IR Spectrum, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.