- Formula: C2HF5
- Molecular weight: 120.0214
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GTLACDSXYULKMZ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 354-33-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: C2F5H; Pentafluoroethane; 1,1,1,2,2-Pentafluoroethane; Fc-125; Genetron HFC 125; R-125
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Ion clustering data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
B - John E. Bartmess
M - Michael M. Meot-Ner (Mautner) and Sharon G. Lias
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. Searches may be limited to ion clustering reactions. A general reaction search form is also available.
+ = ( )
By formula: Cl- + C2HF5 = (Cl- C2HF5)
|rH°||78.7 ± 8.4||kJ/mol||IMRE||Larson and McMahon, 1984||gas phase; B,M|
|rS°||97.5||J/mol*K||N/A||Larson and McMahon, 1984, 2||gas phase; switching reaction(Cl-)t-C4H9OH, Entropy change calculated or estimated; French, Ikuta, et al., 1982; M|
|rG°||49.4 ± 8.4||kJ/mol||IMRE||Larson and McMahon, 1984||gas phase; B,M|
+ = ( )
By formula: F- + C2HF5 = (F- C2HF5)
|rH°||127. ± 8.4||kJ/mol||IMRE||Larson and McMahon, 1983||gas phase; B,M|
|rS°||111.||J/mol*K||N/A||Larson and McMahon, 1983||gas phase; switching reaction(F-)H2O, Entropy change calculated or estimated; Arshadi, Yamdagni, et al., 1970; M|
|rG°||94.1 ± 8.4||kJ/mol||IMRE||Larson and McMahon, 1983||gas phase; B,M|
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, Notes
Larson and McMahon, 1984
Larson, J.W.; McMahon, T.B., Hydrogen bonding in gas phase anions. An experimental investigation of the interaction between chloride ion and bronsted acids from ICR chloride exchange equilibria, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1984, 106, 517. [all data]
Larson and McMahon, 1984, 2
Larson, J.W.; McMahon, T.B., Gas phase negative ion chemistry of alkylchloroformates, Can. J. Chem., 1984, 62, 675. [all data]
French, Ikuta, et al., 1982
French, M.A.; Ikuta, S.; Kebarle, P., Hydrogen bonding of O-H and C-H hydrogen donors to Cl-. Results from mass spectrometric measurement of the ion-molecule equilibria RH + Cl- = RHCl-, Can. J. Chem., 1982, 60, 1907. [all data]
Larson and McMahon, 1983
Larson, J.W.; McMahon, T.B., Strong hydrogen bonding in gas-phase anions. An ion cyclotron resonance determination of fluoride binding energetics to bronsted acids from gas-phase fluoride exchange equilibria measurements, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1983, 105, 2944. [all data]
Arshadi, Yamdagni, et al., 1970
Arshadi, M.; Yamdagni, R.; Kebarle, P., Hydration of Halide Negative Ions in the Gas Phase. II. Comparison of Hydration Energies for the Alkali Positive and Halide Negative Ions, J. Phys. Chem., 1970, 74, 7, 1475, https://doi.org/10.1021/j100702a014 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rG° Free energy of reaction at standard conditions rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions rS° Entropy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.