- Formula: C2H6F2Si
- Molecular weight: 96.1513
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: XRRDNAZMVAXXQP-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 353-66-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Difluorodimethylsilane; Dimethyldifluorosilane; (CH3)2SiF2
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Ion clustering data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
B - John E. Bartmess
M - Michael M. Meot-Ner (Mautner) and Sharon G. Lias
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. Searches may be limited to ion clustering reactions. A general reaction search form is also available.
CN- + = (CN- )
By formula: CN- + C2H6F2Si = (CN- C2H6F2Si)
|rH°||70.3 ± 4.2||kJ/mol||IMRE||Larson, Szulejko, et al., 1988||gas phase; B,M|
|rS°||130.||J/mol*K||N/A||Larson, Szulejko, et al., 1988||gas phase; switching reaction,Thermochemical ladder(CN-)H2O, Entropy change calculated or estimated; Payzant, Yamdagni, et al., 1971; M|
+ = ( )
By formula: F- + C2H6F2Si = (F- C2H6F2Si)
|rH°||232. ± 21.||kJ/mol||IMRB||Murphy and Beauchamp, 1977||gas phase; Fluoride Affinity: SF4<Me2SiF2<Me3B; B|
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, Notes
Larson, Szulejko, et al., 1988
Larson, J.W.; Szulejko, J.E.; McMahon, T.B., Gas Phase Lewis Acid-Base Interactions. An Experimental Determination of Cyanide Binding Energies From Ion Cyclotron Resonance and High-Pressure Mass Spectrometric Equilibrium Measurements., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1988, 110, 23, 7604, https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00231a004 . [all data]
Payzant, Yamdagni, et al., 1971
Payzant, J.D.; Yamdagni, R.; Kebarle, P., Hydration of CN-, NO2-, NO3-, and HO- in the gas phase, Can. J. Chem., 1971, 49, 3308. [all data]
Murphy and Beauchamp, 1977
Murphy, M.K.; Beauchamp, J.L., Methyl and Fluorine Substituent Effects on the Gas Phase Lewis Acidities of Silanes by ICR Spectroscopy, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1977, 99, 15, 4992, https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00457a017 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions rS° Entropy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.