2-Pentanol, 2-methyl-, acetate
- Formula: C8H16O2
- Molecular weight: 144.2114
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ZBIZLXMISNHYIG-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 34859-98-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|vapH°||10.9||kcal/mol||CGC||Verevkin and Heintz, 1999||Based on data from 333. - 378. K.; AC|
Reduced pressure boiling point
|Tboil (K)||Pressure (atm)||Reference||Comment|
|307.7||0.013||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Verevkin and Heintz, 1999
Verevkin, Sergey P.; Heintz, Andreas, Determination of Vaporization Enthalpies of the Branched Esters from Correlation Gas Chromatography and Transpiration Methods, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1999, 44, 6, 1240-1244, https://doi.org/10.1021/je990122a . [all data]
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.