NOTICE: Due to scheduled maintenance at our Gaithersburg campus, this site will not be available from 5:00 pm EDT (21:00 UTC) on Friday October 25 until 5:00 pm (21:00 UTC) on Sunday October 27. We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may cause.
- Formula: C8H16O
- Molecular weight: 128.2120
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: VSMOENVRRABVKN-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 3391-86-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Amyl vinyl carbinol; Oct-1-en-3-ol; Vinyl amyl carbinol; 3-Hydroxy-1-octene; Matsutake alcohol; 1-Okten-3-ol; n-Oct-1-en-3-ol; 1-Octene-3-ol; 3-Octenol; Matsuika alcohol; Morillol; Mushroom alcohol; Octen-3-ol; Pentyl vinyl carbinol; Vinyl pentyl carbinol; Oct-1-ene-3-ol; Octene-1-ol-3; 1-Vinylhexanol; NSC 87563; Flowtron mosquito attractant; Matsuka alcohol; Pentyl vintyl carbinol; Vinyl hexanol; 50999-79-6
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)||30.||80.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.26||0.29|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.25|
|Program||not specified||not specified|
|Reference||Adams, 1998||Brander, Kepner, et al., 1980|
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, Notes
Adams, R.P., The essential oils and chemotaxonomy of Juniperus sect. Juniperus, Biochem. Syst. Ecol., 1998, 26, 6, 637-645, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0305-1978(98)00020-9 . [all data]
Brander, Kepner, et al., 1980
Brander, C.F.; Kepner, R.E.; Webb, A.D., Identification of Some Volatile Compounds of Wine of Vitis Vinifera Cultivar Pinot Noir, Am. J. Enol. Vitic, 1980, 31, 1, 69-75. [all data]
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.