- Formula: C10H14O
- Molecular weight: 150.2176
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ZDUIHRJGDMTBEX-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 3228-03-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 5-Isopropyl-3-methylphenol; 3-Isopropyl-5-methylphenol; 5-isopropyl-m-cresol
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
|Tboil||514.2||K||N/A||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
|Tboil||514.15||K||N/A||Karr, Estep, et al., 1961||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 4. K; TRC|
|Tboil||514.15||K||N/A||Karr, 1957||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 4. K; TRC|
|Tboil||514.15||K||N/A||White, 1954||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 4. K; TRC|
|Tboil||514.15||K||N/A||Knoevenagel, 1894||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 5. K; TRC|
|Tfus||327.15||K||N/A||Karr, 1957||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 3. K; TRC|
|Tfus||322.55||K||N/A||Hofer and Peebles, 1955||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
|Tfus||321.65||K||N/A||White, 1954||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
|Tfus||322.65||K||N/A||Horning, Horning, et al., 1949||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
|Tfus||327.15||K||N/A||Knoevenagel, 1894||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 3. K; TRC|
|subH°||91.13||kJ/mol||C||Bertholon, Giray, et al., 1971||ALS|
|subH°||89.9||kJ/mol||N/A||Bertholon, Giray, et al., 1971||DRB|
Reduced pressure boiling point
|Tboil (K)||Pressure (bar)||Reference||Comment|
|375.7||0.005||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Karr, Estep, et al., 1961
Karr, C.; Estep, P.A.; Chang, T.-C.L.; Comberiati, H.R., , U. S. Bur. Mines, Bull. 591, 1961. [all data]
Karr, C., , U. S. Bur. Mines, Inform. Circ. IC 7802, 1957. [all data]
White, E.N., 5th Tar Conf. Coal Tar Res. Assoc. Rept. 0124, 1954, England, 1954. [all data]
Knoevenagel, E., Chem. Ber., 1894, 27, 2347. [all data]
Hofer and Peebles, 1955
Hofer; Peebles, Anal. Chem., 1955, 27, 1852. [all data]
Horning, Horning, et al., 1949
Horning; Horning; Walker, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1949, 71, 169. [all data]
Bertholon, Giray, et al., 1971
Bertholon, G.; Giray, M.; Perrin, R.; Vincent-Falquet-Berny, M.F., No. 532. - Etude physicochimique des phenols. OX. - Ethanlpies de combustion et energies de resonance des alcoyl et aryphenols, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, 1971, 3180-3187. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point Tfus Fusion (melting) point subH° Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.