- Formula: C4H8O4
- Molecular weight: 120.1039
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: XGJWQNKXTXSVML-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 293-30-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 1,3,5,7-Tetraoxoacane; 1,3,5,7-Tetroxocane
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|Ttriple||385.||K||N/A||Clegg and Melia, 1969||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
|subH°||79.6 ± 0.2||kJ/mol||C||Pedley and Rylance, 1977||See also Mansson, Morawetz, et al., 1969.; AC|
|subH°||79.6 ± 0.2||kJ/mol||C||Mansson, Morawetz, et al., 1969||ALS|
|subH°||79.6||kJ/mol||N/A||Mansson, Morawetz, et al., 1969||DRB|
Enthalpy of fusion
|fusH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|22.59||385.||Domalski and Hearing, 1996||AC|
|22.600||385.||Clegg and Melia, 1969||DH|
Entropy of fusion
|fusS (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|58.7||385.||Clegg and Melia, 1969||DH|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Clegg and Melia, 1969
Clegg, G.A.; Melia, T.P., Thermodynamics of polymerization of heterocyclic compounds. Part III. The heat capacity, entropy, enthalpy and free energy of tetroxan, Makromol. Chem., 1969, 123, 184-193. [all data]
Pedley and Rylance, 1977
Pedley, J.B.; Rylance, J., , Computer Analysed Thermochemical Data: Organic and Organometallic Compounds, University of Sussex, Brighton, 1977. [all data]
Mansson, Morawetz, et al., 1969
Mansson, M.; Morawetz, E.; Nakase, Y.; Sunner, S., The enthalpies of formation of trioxane and tetroxane, Acta Chem. Scand., 1969, 23, 56-60. [all data]
Domalski and Hearing, 1996
Domalski, Eugene S.; Hearing, Elizabeth D., Heat Capacities and Entropies of Organic Compounds in the Condensed Phase. Volume III, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 1996, 25, 1, 1, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.555985 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Ttriple Triple point temperature fusH Enthalpy of fusion fusS Entropy of fusion subH° Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.