- Formula: C7H12
- Molecular weight: 96.1702
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: UMRZSTCPUPJPOJ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 279-23-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Bicyclo[2.2.1]heptane; Cyclohexane, 1,4-endo-methylene-; Norbornylane; Norcamphane; Norfenchane; Norsantane; 1,4-Endomethylenecyclohexane
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.)
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
|40.1 ± 0.4||GS||Verevkin and Emel'yanenko, 2004||Based on data from 278. - 308. K.; AC|
|40.04 ± 0.18||C||An, Zhu, et al., 1987||ALS|
|40.1||N/A||An, Zhu, et al., 1987||DRB|
|40.0 ± 0.1||C||Xu-Wu, Hui-Ping, et al., 1987||AC|
|40.26 ± 0.32||C||Jochems, Dekker, et al., 1982||ALS|
|40.3 ± 0.32||C||Jochems, Dekker, et al., 1982||AC|
|40.4 ± 0.9||C||Steele, 1978||ALS|
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), Notes
Verevkin and Emel'yanenko, 2004
Verevkin, Sergey P.; Emel'yanenko, Vladimir N., Enthalpy of Formation and Strain of Norbornane from Thermochemical Measurements and from ab Initio Calculations, J. Phys. Chem. A, 2004, 108, 31, 6575-6580, https://doi.org/10.1021/jp0490554 . [all data]
An, Zhu, et al., 1987
An, X-W.; Zhu, H-P.; Hu, R-H., Heats of combustion and formation of norbornane, Thermochim. Acta, 1987, 121, 473-477. [all data]
Xu-Wu, Hui-Ping, et al., 1987
Xu-Wu, An; Hui-Ping, Zhu; Ri-Heng, Hu, Heats of combustion and formation of norbornane, Thermochimica Acta, 1987, 121, 473-477, https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6031(87)80194-6 . [all data]
Jochems, Dekker, et al., 1982
Jochems, R.; Dekker, H.; Mosselman, C.; Somsen, G., The use of the LKB 8721-3 vaporization calorimeter to measure enthalpies of sublimation. The enthalpies of sublimation of bicyclo[2.2.1]hept-2-ene (norbornene), bicyclo[2.2.1]heptane (norbornane), and tricyclo[188.8.131.52,7]decane (adamantane), J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1982, 14, 395-398. [all data]
Steele, W.V., The standard enthalpies of formation of a series of C7, bridged-ring hydrocarbons: norbornane, norbornene, nortricyclene, norbornadiene, and quadricyclane, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1978, 10, 919-927. [all data]
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), References
- Symbols used in this document:
subH° Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.