- Formula: C6H12O6
- Molecular weight: 180.1559
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: WQZGKKKJIJFFOK-MDMQIMBFSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 26655-34-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Species with the same structure:
- Other names: alpha-D-Glucose; «alpha»-D-Glucose
- Although only a single structure is shown, this species may exist in several forms including a five membered ring and a six membered ring.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°solid||-1274.5||kJ/mol||Ccb||Huffman and Fox, 1938||Author's hf298_condensed=-305.73 kcal/mol|
|cH°solid||-2799.8 ± 2.3||kJ/mol||Ccb||Ponomarev and Alekseeva, 1961||Corresponding «DELTA»fHºsolid = -1276.2 kJ/mol (simple calculation by NIST; no Washburn corrections)|
|cH°solid||-2803.3 ± 0.42||kJ/mol||Ccb||Skuratov, Strepikheev, et al., 1957||Reanalyzed by Cox and Pilcher, 1970, Original value = -2805. ± 0.4 kJ/mol; Combustion at 293 K; Corresponding «DELTA»fHºsolid = -1272.8 kJ/mol (simple calculation by NIST; no Washburn corrections)|
|cH°solid||-2801.5||kJ/mol||Ccb||Huffman and Fox, 1938||Author's hf298_condensed=-305.73 kcal/mol; Corresponding «DELTA»fHºsolid = -1274.5 kJ/mol (simple calculation by NIST; no Washburn corrections)|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Huffman and Fox, 1938
Huffman, H.M.; Fox, S.W., Thermal data. X. The heats of combustion and free energies, at 25°, of some organic compounds concerned in carbohydrate metabolism, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1938, 60, 1400-1403. [all data]
Ponomarev and Alekseeva, 1961
Ponomarev, V.V.; Alekseeva, T.A., A massive microcalorimeter for determining heats of combustion, Russ. J. Phys. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 1961, 35, 800-803. [all data]
Skuratov, Strepikheev, et al., 1957
Skuratov, S.M.; Strepikheev, A.A.; Kozina, M.P., About the reaction activity of five and six-membered heterocyclic compounds, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1957, 117, 452-454. [all data]
Cox and Pilcher, 1970
Cox, J.D.; Pilcher, G., Thermochemistry of Organic and Organometallic Compounds, Academic Press, New York, 1970, 1-636. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
cH°solid Enthalpy of combustion of solid at standard conditions fH°solid Enthalpy of formation of solid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.