- Formula: C10H20O2
- Molecular weight: 172.2646
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: QURFFFCYNQXLCU-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 25415-62-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Butanoic acid, 3-methyl-, pentyl ester; Amyl isovalerate; Isovaleric acid, pentyl ester; Pentyl 3-methylbutyrate; 1-Pentyl isovalerate; Pentyl 3-methylbutanoate; Pentyl isovalerate; Pentyl isopentanoate
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)||30.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.25|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.25|
|Program||60C(5min) => 2C/min => 140C= 5C/min => 250C(5min)||not specified|
|Reference||Tuberoso, Kowalczyk, et al., 2005||Chretien and Dubois, 1978|
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, Notes
Tuberoso, Kowalczyk, et al., 2005
Tuberoso, C.I.G.; Kowalczyk, A.; Coroneo, V.; Russo, M.T.; Dessì, S.; Cabras, P., Chemical Composition and Antioxidant, Antimicrobial, and Antifungal Activities of the Essential Oil of Achillea ligustica All., J. Agric. Food Chem., 2005, 53, 26, 10148-10153, https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0518913 . [all data]
Chretien and Dubois, 1978
Chretien, J.R.; Dubois, J-E., Topological Analysis: A Technique for the Physico-Chemical Exploitation of Retention Data in Gas-Liquid Chromatography, J. Chromatogr., 1978, 158, 43-56, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(00)89954-9 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.