Benzoic acid, 4-(acetylthio)-
- Formula: C9H8O3S
- Molecular weight: 196.223
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ZUDCIPNZEZLOLJ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 24197-62-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: p-Acetylthiobenzoic acid
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
+ = +
By formula: C9H8O3S + H2O = C7H6O2S + C2H4O2
|rH°||-11.5 ± 0.4||kJ/mol||Cm||Nelander, 1964||solid phase; Heat of hydrolysis|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Nelander, L., The heats of hydrolysis of aspirin, thioaspirin, and their p-analogues, Acta Chem. Scand., 1964, 18, 973-984. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.