- Formula: C10H21NO
- Molecular weight: 171.2798
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: TUTWLYPCGCUWQI-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 2319-29-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: n-Decanamide; Capramide; Decanoic acid amide; Decylamide; decan-1-amide
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tfus||371.6||K||N/A||Davies, Jones, et al., 1959||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.7 K; TRC|
Enthalpy of sublimation
|subH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|125.9 ± 1.3||361.5||ME||Davies, Jones, et al., 1959||Based on data from 353. - 370. K.; AC|
Enthalpy of fusion
|fusH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|15.1||370.6||DSC||Abate, Badea, et al., 2008||AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Davies, Jones, et al., 1959
Davies, M.; Jones, A.H.; Thomas, G.H., The lattice energies of the straight-chain primary amides, Trans. Faraday Soc., 1959, 55, 1100. [all data]
Abate, Badea, et al., 2008
Abate, Lorenzo; Badea, Elena; Blanco, Ignazio; Della Gatta, Giuseppe, Heat Capacities and Enthalpies of Solid-Solid Transitions and Fusion of a Series of Eleven Primary Alkylamides by Differential Scanning Calorimetry, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 2008, 53, 4, 959-965, https://doi.org/10.1021/je700662a . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tfus Fusion (melting) point fusH Enthalpy of fusion subH Enthalpy of sublimation
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.