Hexadecanoic acid, propyl ester
- Formula: C19H38O2
- Molecular weight: 298.5038
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: BEKZXQKGTDVSKX-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 2239-78-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: Propyl hexadecanoate; Propyl palmitate
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)||30.||30.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.25||0.25|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.25||0.25|
|Program||35 0C (5 min) 3 0C/min -> 210 0C 40 0C/min -> 240 0C (10 min)||not specified|
|Reference||se Souza, Cardeal, et al., 2009||se Souza, Cardeal, et al., 2009|
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, Notes
se Souza, Cardeal, et al., 2009
se Souza, P.P.; Cardeal, Z.DeL.; Augusti, R.; Morrison, P.; Marriott, P.J., Determination of volatile compounds in Brazilian distilled cachaca by using comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography and effects of production pathways, J. Chromatogr. A., 2009, 1216, 14, 2881-2890, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2008.10.061 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.