- Formula: C12H19N
- Molecular weight: 177.2860
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: MMFBQHXDINNBMW-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 2217-07-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: N,N-di-n-Propylaniline; Benzenamine, N,N-dipropyl-; Aniline, N,N-dipropyl-; Dipropylamine, N-phenyl-; Dipropylaniline; N,N-Dipropylaniline
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References, Notes
Data evaluated as indicated in comments:
HL - Edward P. Hunter and Sharon G. Lias
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
LBLHLM - Sharon G. Lias, John E. Bartmess, Joel F. Liebman, John L. Holmes, Rhoda D. Levin, and W. Gary Mallard
RDSH - Henry M. Rosenstock, Keith Draxl, Bruce W. Steiner, and John T. Herron
|Proton affinity (review)||230.2||kcal/mol||N/A||Hunter and Lias, 1998||HL|
|Gas basicity||222.5||kcal/mol||N/A||Hunter and Lias, 1998||HL|
Ionization energy determinations
|6.93||EQ||Lias, Jackson, et al., 1985||LBLHLM|
|6.96||CTS||Farrell and Newton, 1965||RDSH|
|7.15||CTS||Briegleb and Czekalla, 1959||RDSH|
Mass spectrum (electron ionization)
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
|Owner||NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center|
Collection (C) 2014 copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce
on behalf of the United States of America. All rights reserved.
|Origin||Japan AIST/NIMC Database- Spectrum MS-NW-9297|
|NIST MS number||229275|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), Notes
Hunter and Lias, 1998
Hunter, E.P.; Lias, S.G., Evaluated Gas Phase Basicities and Proton Affinities of Molecules: An Update, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 1998, 27, 3, 413-656, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.556018 . [all data]
Lias, Jackson, et al., 1985
Lias, S.G.; Jackson, J.-A.A.; Argentar, H.; Liebman, J.F., Substituted N,N-dialkylanilines: Relative ionization energies and proton affinities through determinations of ion-molecule reaction equilibrium constants, J. Org. Chem., 1985, 50, 333. [all data]
Farrell and Newton, 1965
Farrell, P.G.; Newton, J., Ionization potentials of aromatic amines, J. Phys. Chem., 1965, 69, 3506. [all data]
Briegleb and Czekalla, 1959
Briegleb, G.; Czekalla, J., Die Bestimmung von lonisierungsenergien aus den Spektren von Elektronenubergangskomplexen, Z.Elektrochem., 1959, 63, 6. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.