- Formula: C6H12N2O3
- Molecular weight: 160.1711
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: DEFJQIDDEAULHB-IMJSIDKUSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 1948-31-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Alanine, N-L-alanyl-, L-; «alpha»-Alanylalanine; Ala-ala; Alanylalanine; Di-L-Alanine; Dialanine; L-Alanyl-L-alanine; N-(2-Aminopropanoyl)alanine. (L)-; N-L-Alanyl-L-alanine
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
Constant pressure heat capacity of solid
|Cp,solid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|194.9||298.||Kulikov, Kozlov, et al., 1989||T = 298 to 348 K.|
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References, Notes
Data evaluated as indicated in comments:
HL - Edward P. Hunter and Sharon G. Lias
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
MM - Michael M. Meot-Ner (Mautner)
|Gas basicity||905.6||kJ/mol||N/A||Hunter and Lias, 1998||HL|
Gas basicity at 298K
|Gas basicity (review) (kJ/mol)||Reference||Comment|
|894.5 ± 1.2||Bouchoux and Salpin, 2003||T = 298K; MM|
|896.2 ± 6.3||Cassady, Carr, et al., 1995||T = 298K; GB> isopropylamine, ~= sec-butylamine, <cyclohexylamine; MM|
|887. ± 3.||Wu and Lebrilla, 1995||T = 300K; MM|
Mass spectrum (electron ionization)
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Gas phase ion energetics data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
|Owner||NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center|
Collection (C) 2014 copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce
on behalf of the United States of America. All rights reserved.
|NIST MS number||30518|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Gas phase ion energetics data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), Notes
Kulikov, Kozlov, et al., 1989
Kulikov, O.V.; Kozlov, V.A.; Malenkina, L.I.; Badelin, V.G., Heat capacities of amino acids and peptides and excess characteristics ot their aqueous solutions, Sbornik Nauch. Trud., Termodin. Rast. neelect., Ivanovo, Inst. nevod. rast., 1989, Akad. [all data]
Hunter and Lias, 1998
Hunter, E.P.; Lias, S.G., Evaluated Gas Phase Basicities and Proton Affinities of Molecules: An Update, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 1998, 27, 3, 413-656, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.556018 . [all data]
Bouchoux and Salpin, 2003
Bouchoux, G.; Salpin, J.Y., Gas-phase basicity of glycine, alanine, proline, serine, lysine, histidine and some of their peptides by the thermokinetic method, European J. Mass Spectrometry, 2003, 9, 391-402. [all data]
Cassady, Carr, et al., 1995
Cassady, C.J.; Carr, S.R.; Zhang, K.; Chung-Phillips, C., Experimental and Ab Intio Studies of Protonations of Alanine and Samll Peptides of Alanine and Glycine, J. Org. Chem., 1995, 60, 1704. [all data]
Wu and Lebrilla, 1995
Wu, J.; Lebrilla, C.B., Intrinsic Basicity of Oligomeric Peptides that Contain Glycine, Alanine, and Valine - The Effects of the Alkyl Side Chain on Proton Transfer Reactions, J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom., 1995, 6, 91. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Gas phase ion energetics data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,solid Constant pressure heat capacity of solid
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.