2-Butenoic acid, 1-methylethyl ester
- Formula: C7H12O2
- Molecular weight: 128.1690
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: AABBHSMFGKYLKE-SNAWJCMRSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 18060-77-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Crotonic acid, isopropyl ester; Isopropyl crotonate; Isopropyl 2-butenoate; (E)-2-Butenoic acid isopropyl ester; CH3CH=CHC(O)OCH(CH3)2; Crotonic acid, isopropyl ester, trans
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°gas||-98.2 ± 0.7||kcal/mol||Ccb||Schjanberg, 1936||Heat of formation derived by Cox and Pilcher, 1970|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Schjanberg, E., Die verbrennungswarmen und die refraktionsdaten einiger crotonsaureeste, Z. Phys. Chem., 1936, 175, 289-342. [all data]
Cox and Pilcher, 1970
Cox, J.D.; Pilcher, G., Thermochemistry of Organic and Organometallic Compounds, Academic Press, New York, 1970, 1-636. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.