- Formula: C9H11
- Molecular weight: 119.1836
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: MIWQHLIBMIMIRX-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 16804-70-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data evaluated as indicated in comments:
HL - Edward P. Hunter and Sharon G. Lias
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
LL - Sharon G. Lias and Joel F. Liebman
B - John E. Bartmess
View reactions leading to C9H11+ (ion structure unspecified)
|Proton affinity (review)||842.2||kJ/mol||N/A||Hunter and Lias, 1998||HL|
|Gas basicity||809.7||kJ/mol||N/A||Hunter and Lias, 1998||HL|
Electron affinity determinations
|0.85 ± 0.11||D-EA||Bartmess, Scott, et al., 1979||value altered from reference due to change in acidity scale; B|
Ionization energy determinations
|6.6||DER||Lias, Bartmess, et al., 1988||LL|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Hunter and Lias, 1998
Hunter, E.P.; Lias, S.G., Evaluated Gas Phase Basicities and Proton Affinities of Molecules: An Update, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 1998, 27, 3, 413-656, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.556018 . [all data]
Bartmess, Scott, et al., 1979
Bartmess, J.E.; Scott, J.A.; McIver, R.T., Jr., The gas phase acidity scale from methanol to phenol, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1979, 101, 6047. [all data]
Lias, Bartmess, et al., 1988
Lias, S.G.; Bartmess, J.E.; Liebman, J.F.; Holmes, J.L.; Levin, R.D.; Mallard, W.G., Gas-phase ion and neutral thermochemistry, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, Suppl. 1, 1988, 17, 1-861. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
EA Electron affinity
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.