- Formula: C8H16
- Molecular weight: 112.2126
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LETYIFNDQBJGPJ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 16747-50-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 1-Ethyl-1-methylcyclopentane; 1-Methyl-1-ethylcyclopentane
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal boiling point
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
|394.7||Majer and Svoboda, 1985|
|394.65||Desty and Whyman, 1957||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.4 K; TRC|
|394.67||Glasgow, Gordon, et al., 1957||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.2 K; TRC|
|395.||Novikov, Khromov, et al., 1957||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 3. K; TRC|
|394.65||Anonymous, 1951||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
|394.67||Forziati and Rossini, 1949||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.02 K; TRC|
|394.6||Fenske, Braun, et al., 1947||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.15 K; TRC|
Go To: Top, Normal boiling point, Notes
Majer and Svoboda, 1985
Majer, V.; Svoboda, V., Enthalpies of Vaporization of Organic Compounds: A Critical Review and Data Compilation, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, 1985, 300. [all data]
Desty and Whyman, 1957
Desty, D.H.; Whyman, B.H.F., Anal. Chem., 1957, 29, 320. [all data]
Glasgow, Gordon, et al., 1957
Glasgow, A.R.; Gordon, R.J.; Willingham, C.B.; Mair, B.J.; Rossini, F.D., Hydrocarbons in the 116 deg C to 126 deg C Fraction of Petroleum, Anal. Chem., 1957, 29, 357. [all data]
Novikov, Khromov, et al., 1957
Novikov, M.M.; Khromov, S.I.; Nazarova, L.M., Synthesis and Catalytic Transformations of gen-Substituted Cyclanes, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1957, 1957, 604. [all data]
Anonymous, R., , Sunbury Rep. No. 4199, Anglo-Iranian Oil Co., 1951. [all data]
Forziati and Rossini, 1949
Forziati, A.F.; Rossini, F.D., J. Res. Natl. Bur. Stand. (U. S.), 1949, 43, 473. [all data]
Fenske, Braun, et al., 1947
Fenske, M.R.; Braun, W.G.; Wiegand, R.V.; Quiggle, D.; McCormick, R.H.; Rank, D.H., Raman Spectra of Hydrocarbons, Anal. Chem., 1947, 19, 700. [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal boiling point, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.