- Formula: CHI2
- Molecular weight: 266.8276
- CAS Registry Number: 16520-12-0
- Information on this page:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Vibrational and/or electronic energy levels
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Marilyn E. Jacox
type of mode
|a'||440 ± 40||gas||PE||Vogelhuber, Wren, et al., 2011|
|a||5||HCI deform.||1106||Ar||IR||Smith and Andrews, 1972|
|6||CI stretch||716||Ar||IR||Smith and Andrews, 1972|
Additional references: Jacox, 1994, page 178
Go To: Top, Vibrational and/or electronic energy levels, Notes
Vogelhuber, Wren, et al., 2011
Vogelhuber, K.M.; Wren, S.W.; McCoy, A.B.; Ervin, K.M.; Lineberger, W.C., Photoelectron spectra of dihalomethyl anions: Testing the limits of normal mode analysis, J. Chem. Phys., 2011, 134, 18, 184306, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.3585606 . [all data]
Smith and Andrews, 1972
Smith, D.W.; Andrews, L., Matrix infrared spectra and bonding in the di- and triiodomethyl radicals, J. Phys. Chem., 1972, 76, 19, 2718, https://doi.org/10.1021/j100663a016 . [all data]
Jacox, M.E., Vibrational and electronic energy levels of polyatomic transient molecules, American Chemical Society, Washington, DC, 1994, 464. [all data]
Go To: Top, Vibrational and/or electronic energy levels, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.