Methyl radical, iodo-
- Formula: CH2I
- Molecular weight: 140.9310
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: KPJPHPFMCOKUMW-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 16519-98-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Vibrational and/or electronic energy levels
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Marilyn E. Jacox
type of mode
|CH stretch||3050||T||gas||IR||Baughcum and Leone, 1980|
|CH2 scissors||1330||T||gas||IR||Baughcum and Leone, 1980|
|CH2 scissors||1331.5||s||Ar||IR||Smith and Andrews, 1973|
|CI stretch||611||w m||Ar||IR||Smith and Andrews, 1973|
|Umbrella||375||s||Ar||IR||Smith and Andrews, 1973|
Additional references: Jacox, 1994, page 150; Bailleux, Kania, et al., 2010
|T||Tentative assignment or approximate value|
Go To: Top, Vibrational and/or electronic energy levels, Notes
Baughcum and Leone, 1980
Baughcum, S.L.; Leone, S.R., Photofragmentation infrared emission studies of vibrationally excited free radicals CH3 and CH2I, J. Chem. Phys., 1980, 72, 12, 6531, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.439111 . [all data]
Smith and Andrews, 1973
Smith, D.W.; Andrews, L., Matrix infrared spectrum and bonding in the monoiodomethyl radical, J. Chem. Phys., 1973, 58, 12, 5222, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1679134 . [all data]
Jacox, M.E., Vibrational and electronic energy levels of polyatomic transient molecules, American Chemical Society, Washington, DC, 1994, 464. [all data]
Bailleux, Kania, et al., 2010
Bailleux, S.; Kania, P.; Skrinsky, J.; Okabayashi, T.; Tanimoto, M.; Matsumoto, S.; Ozeki, H., Hyperfine Resolved Fourier Transform Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Spectroscopy of the Iodomethyl Radical, CH, J. Phys. Chem. A, 2010, 114, 14, 4776, https://doi.org/10.1021/jp909323h . [all data]
Go To: Top, Vibrational and/or electronic energy levels, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.